Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Kiehl's and Lavshuca

I really don't like editing my posts using Google Chrome. The pictures don't move around easily and it just makes it frustrating, but IE is always crashing on me.
Anyway, on to the post. Thank you for everyone's comments. I know I've been slacking in the commenting area but I still jump around blogs to keep myself updated.

A friend from school recently went to Hong Kong and helped me stock up on some MJ liners. I got the BR601 shade which is a deep shimmery brown. I've been using the shimmery black MJ liners for so long, I don't know why this is the first time I finally tried a different shade. Hmm...actually, I think I used to have a deep blue one, but who knows, it was so long ago.
She also got me a souvenir! It's a Lavshuca PK1 eyeshadow, I'm not too sure what it's supposed to be called, but I can imagine something like double, or duo something.
I've tried so many Japanese makeup from the past couple of years that I don't really remember if this is my first Lavshuca eyeshadow..I'm pretty sure it is. 
It comes with a pale pink that applies very smoothly and leaves and nice soft shimmer. The darker shade looks taupe with a hint of pink. It's not really pigmented enough to be used as a liner though, but great for adding definition.

I thought I'd post a quick picture tutorial with the eyeshadow. Nothing too difficult =D It's been a while since I did a picture tutorial.
First things first, I always start with a color base whenever possible, it really helps the eyeshadow last longer and gives a more vibrant finish.
The shadows actually last very long without having to touch up for at least 8 hours.
I also don't always put color on my lower lashline... I'm slowly getting more used to seeing myself with some color there, although it seems to fade really quickly, or my eyes get watery.
I love the MJ liquid liners...what would I do without them.


I curled my lashes and used a heated lash curler before applying mascara. Just using 1 coat with the heated lash curler is enough to make my lashes really stand out. I skipped the second coat since I was wearing glasses. And done!


A little update to the L'oreal Color Infailble. Just some good and some bad.. I wasn't too pleased with the product but wasn't disappointed either.
The good things about this shadow is the texture, it feels very silky, almost like cream but more powdery, but very light when applied to my lids. It has a more powdery finish. I'm not even sure if this can be considered a cream shadow.
It's also super pigmented and can be layered for a more intense finish..which I think is quite nice, considering some shadows don't appear any bolder no matter how many layers.
Besides those good things, I was slightly disappointed in the application. Although very silky in texture, I found it a little bit difficult to blend out the harsh edges, maybe because I was using my fingers? I also noticed the first signs of creasing after an hour of wear so I just took it off. I'll probably give it another chance another time. The color is very pretty but I don't see myself using it much because it's so much bolder than what I usually use.
I also changed my Maybelline Fit Me foundation. After using 125 for about a month, I started to feel it wasn't the right shade. It was a bit too pink, so on my visit to Buffalo, I picked up the 210 which was a better match. It has more of a yellow undertone while still looking more cool toned, which is what I apparently am now (according to my makeup teacher). So far, I still love this foundation because of the light-medium coverage. I don't like anything too heavy. I wish I could get my hands on the Paul & Joe Protective Fluid Foundation S, but it's so expensive online *sigh*

7 comments:

frecklesspeckles said...

I agree with Kiehl's ultra cream... remember I thought I was oily... after using another moisturizer, i realized my skin still felt better with kiehls. got to replenish :)

i'm tempted to get MJ brown liner and maybelline fit me :)

Julia said...

I have the same Lavshuca eye shadow! :) It's called Custom Select(ive) Eyes.

I know what you mean when you say colour on your lower lid looks weird for you, I tend to feel the same.

K said...

glad ultra facial cream is working for you. i'm using it too~ i've just started working for kiehl's^^

i'm doing a giveaway atm as well.. check it out~ it might interest you^^
http://rose-tint.blogspot.com/2011/05/giveaway-rosetint-thank-you-giveaway.html

x

PinkOrchids said...

Great post! The eyeshadows are so pretty! Your tutorial is really well laid out :)

Yin said...

Ooh simple and pretty eye makeup! Although I have to admit, I've never been blown away by lavshuca quality shadows.

Was brown the only color you bought for the liners?

Sarah said...

oooo, i want to try that moisturizer now!

Valencia Water Features said...

Thanks great bblog post