Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Back Home Soon

I'm leaving Seoul to go back to Toronto this Friday. There's a lot I have to deal with such as packing so I probably won't have time to reply to comments to catch up on posts. I will try to schedule some posts for everyone to read =)

Some thoughts after my year away from Toronto.
So back home to Toronto...
It's been a good year. I got the teaching experience I needed, but in the end, I still didn't get accepted to the teaching programs in Toronto. Hopefully next year. It's been a tough year as some of you might know, mainly due to my school. I didn't leave with a good impression of my school and the way the education system is. I did however, make some good friends here and from blogger.
Even though it's great to be out somewhere away from my comfort zone, I don't recommend anyone to teach here. Just not yet, because the English programs are not set in stone/standardized so nothing goes smoothly for anyone, even if they like their schools.




I know you read my blog sometimes, and I thought I'd just say it here because we don't talk much nowadays.
I want to and not want to go back home.
I feel like there's some unfinished business with some and I just don't want to deal with it. Being away for so long really opened my eyes to how some people really are. Sometimes I don't think people care about you as much as they say. So going back, I feel like I don't know how to face certain people anymore. I want to run away from it all, but that'll never solve the problems between us.
Well, the good news is, I've reconciled with a close friend, and I'm glad to be talking with her again. Even though we don't talk all the time on msn, she still messages me to see how I'm doing when others don't.
I don't want to keep chasing something that's just going farther away from me. The more I want to, the farther away you all seem to go. So what am I supposed to do?
Just so many thoughts on going back home to reality.