It's so gloomy in Seoul...that I think I make this face everyday --> -____-' I wanted to do my Beach Face look but there's been a lack of sunlight.
It's been raining the past 3.5 days. The rain started late Saturday afternoon while I was at a waterpark! Luckily, it didn't close down.
If you like waterparks you should check out the one at Everland called Caribbean Bay. It's about an hour bus ride from Seoul and entrance was 65,000won. I think it's rather expensive because the waterpark was kinda small and the line ups were ridiculous! Maybe I've been spoiled by the Disney World waterparks because I didn't find anything spectacular about this park.
The weird thing is, you're supposed to wear a swimming cap or baseball hat at all times and a life jacket in the wavepool if you pass a certain point. Total WTF for me. I bought a swimming cap for 6000won cuz I didn't want to get kicked out of the pool, but in the end, no one cared when I didn't wear it. What a waste... but whatever, I had fun XD
Actually, the swimming caps weren't the biggest wtf...it's the girls there. Like 50% of them had full makeup on!!! Some girls were stuffing their boobs in the change room and fixing their makeup. Some were wearing heels...HEELS!!! To the waterpark!!! I'm speechless... I'm sorry, but that bothered me and I had a wtf face everytime I saw a girl with makeup or heels.
I was tagged by the lovely Anastacia! If you haven't checked out her blog yet, you should do so immediately! Her makeup skills and creativity are beyond awesomeness..if that was a real word. Hmm...10 things about me.. this might take a while to think of.
1. I don't like alcohol, unless it's mixed into a fruity cocktail. I can't stand the taste of beer, soju, whiskey or other hard alcohols. Sometimes I still drink it, but I absolutely dispise the bitter taste.
2. I think I'm overly sensitive and negative at times, but I'm working on that.
3. Both my feet has/have bunion. It's an enlargement or deformity of the bone on the side of the big toe. You know that bump joint on the side of your big toe? Mine is bumped out and it makes it very painful for me to wear heels or flats for a long time, or any shoes for that matter. The only comfortable shoes I found were Nike Dunks. Converse are ok, they're my daily shoes because they're not as sporty looking as Dunks.
It's quite depressing for me because I can't wear all those pretty shoes. Whenever I buy heels, they don't go more than an inch high. The sides of my big toe gets all red whenever I'm done walking for the day, sometimes it starts to hurt as well. I think it's genetic because my mom also has slight bunion on her feet, but mine are worse than hers.
Oh, my feet are also kinda flat.
4. I never thought of myself as a picky eater, but apprarently I am according to Tim. I don't like spicy food, bell peppers, peas, leeks/scallions, ginseng, onions (very minimal), olives, squash, and pickles to name a few. I can't stand the taste of bell peppers. Even if I pick it out of a pizza, I can still taste it, blech!
5. I honestly think I'm a very insecure person when it comes to friends and talking to people. I feel like I always have to be reassured by my friends that they won't ditch me. I have a hard time talking to new people without saying the wrong things and getting nervous. I might come off as I don't care about you, but I do, it's just that I don't know how to show it physically (as in facial gestures) sometimes. Let's just say... at all 4 elementary schools I've been to, children can be so cruel...
6. I hate spiders and creepy crawlies. I can't squish them myself, so I shriek until someone can do it for me. If not, I go all the way to the basement of my house to get the central vacuum tubes. Then when I get that bloody thing, I have to crumple up some paper and put it through the vaccum to make sure the bug stays down.
7. I think I'm fashionly challenged. I see all the nice fashion styles in the magazines, but can't seem to chose the correct clothes for it! Plus my daily shoes are converse so it's hard to match sometimes. Come to think of it, I think I always chose my clothes to go with my converse. Refer back to #3 for the reason why.
8. My favourite movie 15 years ago was "The Lion King"...still is!
9. My Cantonese has slowly been going downhill since coming to Korea. I'm not happy with that. I'm used to talking to Tim in English and I also speak English at school. My grammer is backwards and I can feel that I'm starting to have a CBC accent. *sniff*
Even before Korea, if I'm very aware of speaking Cantonese and I start to think whether it's the right pronunciation, I start to have an accent.
10. I'm a disorganized person. Just ask Tim.
It's my last week teaching my students! The next 2 weeks will be teaching summer camp at another school, then 2 weeks of vacation. After vacation go back to my own school to teach 1 week of summer camp, 1 week of officially finishing my contract then home! Time sure flies by...here are a few pictures I took with my students.