Friday, September 26, 2008

Etude House: Baby Sking Veiling Pact

Here's another Etude House item! Everytime I pass by an Etude house, I just wanna go inside and buy something. Especially because it's so cheap!
I first read about the Baby Skin Veiling Pact on Lotus Palace's page. It looked so cute I had to try it out for myself.



I've been using the Lavshuca Loose Powder since last December and I have been trying to look for a pressed version. Sadly, Lavshuca doesn't have a pressed version of the loose powder which I love, and I was hoping that the Baby Skin Veiling Pact could be a possible alternative. I think this could be the pressed powder I was looking for.
The Baby Skin Veiling Pact at the moment, is my favourite pressed powder. Even though it's a pressed powder and not a foundation, it offers sheer coverage which is great. It helps even out my skin and even lightens it slightly without looking too ghostly. The powder also offers sun protection with SPF 22. The powder is also finely milled and it goes on my face nice and smoothly and slightly covers my pores. There is also a light baby powder scent to it, which doesn't last very long, so I think it would be ok for those who are sensitive to strong smells.
The case is pink and inside is a mirror and a puff. I'm not very fond of the puff as it isn't soft enough for my taste. I must be careful when I use this puff. If I try to spread the powder, it just makes my face chalky and you know that I'm using makeup. I can only use this puff to press the product on my face. I'm going to get a retractable brush soon so it makes application easier, and also I prefer to use brushes for pressed powder application.
This powder is great for keeping my shine at bay. I thought it wouldn't suit oily skin after reading the review on Lotus Palace's page, but it was fine for me, and I have oily skin.


The main downside of this powder is it only comes in 2 shades. I'm assuming a light beige and natural beige. I can't read Korean so I can't be sure. However, if you can get your hands on this I do urge you to try. It only cost me about $9.50. I can't remember the exact price though as I threw out the receipt.

No comments: