Saturday, September 20, 2008

Etude house: Lash Designing Vitcara

Etude House has released a new mascara called Lash Designing Vitcara. It was advertised everywhere in Seoul and I just had to get it, especially after I saw the commercal in the malls.
This mascara is supposed to make your lashes nice and long with tons of volume. According to the ads that I saw, on one side it is a regular curved mascara wand, and on the other side, there is a smaller bristle side. You're supposed to use the curved side to do your lashes like you normally do, and use the smaller bristle side to make the outer side of your eyes pop with longer lashes than the rest. This seemed amazing in the ads so I had to get it.
The mascara only cost about $9.50 and it came as a package with a box of cotton pads and a sample of the mascara remover as a promo.
I like this mascara, but I don't love it. The mascara does give length but it doesn't really fatten my lashes. I use 1 coat of my DejaVu mascara ontop of this to compensate for the lack of volume. However, it does well at keeping the curl in my lashes.
When I saw the ads, the mascara wand was a brush and I was very surprised that it's a comb type wand. Darn ad! I swear it was a brush. There are about 4 rows of combs on the wand. This kind of wand clumps my lashes if I'm not careful with the application. The smaller comb side doesn't really do anything. It was actually kinda hard to use it on my lashes.
I like how the mascara doesn't smudge or flake since most mascaras do that to me. There are also no fibers which is a plus for those who don't like fiber mascaras.
I do recommend everyone to try this, as it is cheap and has great staying power.


I'm not very good at taking pictures with a digital SLR. Mr Tim was too lazy to help me take some clear pictures.

2 comments:

fuzkittie said...

Mmm I do like the small brush~

MiuMiu said...

Hey Fuz,
Sadly for me, the brush was very difficult to use. *shakes fist*