Friday, March 13, 2009

Swatches and Paul & Joe

This is just a short post of some random things I have because it's getting late in the night already. It's almost 9pm and I haven't done the daily chores, plus I usually sleep at 1030pm hahaha.
I'm doing the most random thing right now with the bf. We're trying to compare who's taste in oldies is better....Queen or Nirvana!?!?!?! He thinks Nirvana is better than Queen...psshh...

I've done a few swatches of the Maquillage items I have. I'm not really gonna do an in depth review of it, but I do want to mention that I really like these new Maquillage eyeshadows and blush a lot because they're so pigmented and long lasting! Plus, they also come with easy to use tutorials.
Maquillage eyeshadow, I can't remember what it's called. Eyes creator??

The Maquillage Face Creator 11 compared to the Coffret D'or Color Blend Blush in OR-24.
The Coffret D'or blush is probably my current favourite because the color is so buildable. You can also mix the colors or use them on its own. It gives me perfectly blushed cheeks without looking over done with makeup.
I love how there's 2 highlighter strips in this palette which you can mix. The highlighter shade is very subtle and it gives a nice glow on my cheek bones. The colors are a mix of peachy and pink shades which have great staying power.
I think the brush that comes with this palette is useless because the bristles are too stiff. It's good to use with the highlighter though.

I had to mention one of my P&J items that totally helped save my skin! For those of you with dry skin or dry cheeks, this is the perfect solution for you! The P&J Treatment oil moisturizes your skin like no other.
I always thought of my skin as oily so I would always buy skincare products for oily skin. Well that was a big mistake for all these years because I had oily combo skin. My t-zone was oily but my cheeks were always dry. I wondered why my cheeks would be flaky everytime I applied makeup. That was one of the reasons I never used foundation, the other reason is because I thought I wouldn't look natural. I exfoliated everyweek but it didn't seem to work.
I thought I was doomed to have flaky cheeks forever until I read Cuttibebe's post on the P&J treatment oil. I was eager to get it in hopes that it'll break the dry cycle on my cheeks and I'm glad I did! After one use, I already noticed a difference, my cheeks weren't as flaky anymore the next day. So now I'm able to use foundation without worrying that I'll have flaky skin on my cheeks.

I purchased the treatment oil in Hong Kong for $360HKD. It contains 40mL and it comes in a heavy glass bottle. The cap has the signature P&J flower designs on it which is a nice touch. It makes my vanity look more high end XD I think $360HKD was quite a hefty amount for such a small bottle, but I didn't realize that alittle goes a long way. I use 4-5 drops for the entire face. Although my face has a slight oily residue for the rest of the night, I like how it's so moisturizing. I don't get any breakouts from the oil which is a great thing.

12 comments:

Laura L said...

P&J packaging is really adorable, I wanna try it too, but not now, maybe one day when I got extra $$$
hehe...

oh, what is the season now in Korea?
I'll email u later, when I got back from work... rushing, yet I'm still reading happily...haha

watercoloursky said...

That P&J treatment oil sounds like something I could use! Do you have the full ingredient listing on the back of the box? I'm curious to know what type of oils they have in it.

PaperedLove said...

I've still yet to try P&J hahaha. I will one day though, great swatches!

Angie said...

Oh man, I'm gonna have to get this now! My skin looks fine in the morning but throughout the day, my chin starts to get dry and so my makeup looks real bad! >.<

Another item to add to my P&J list >.<

Thanks for the comparisons! I want that Coffret blush!

izumi said...

the swatches look so pretty.. and that blush! ah! gorgeous!

Mona said...

i need to get that 3d face creator stat! it looks great

is it bad that i want the P&J stuff more for its packaging :P

are you meeting up with yume-chan?

Iyah Love said...

Ohhhhhhh!!! Paul & Joe!! I want some moreee! & that maquilage blush looks amazing!! :D I wish I can get my hands on those cutie things :D

cavano said...

Thanks for the swatches :)! The grey in MQ GY palette looks grey here, I thought it's more brown, which is great! Next month then lol. I wished Adam stock the Cheek Creator too sigh.. Gooddealer is so overpriced!

queenyee said...

Your review on the P&J Treatment Oil makes me so tempted to try it!

I also have the same oily combo skin which makes it very hard for me to choose my skincare :(

Also loving your Maquillage and Coffret D'or stuffs so much!

paperdollrevenge said...

The Coffret D'Or swatch looks better than the Maquillage to me...looks more blendable and like a natural flush!

Yay for finding the P&J Treatment Oil! You know, that's the tough thing about finding HG skincare...because our skin is not just oily or dry...mine is dry combo, so some "dry skin" things make me too oily! But it's all experimenting to find what works best for us as individuals. =)

I'm indecisive too! I kind of miss my bangs...it's a love/hate thing. I love the way bangs look but hate the maintenance and the bad bangs day. I love the low maintenance of no bangs...but hate the way my face looks huge when my bangs are growing out! haha And it takes so long to completely grow them out. =(

I think...we should find a way to make custom bang clips with our own hair! Wouldn't that be freaking awesome? Like the ones they have in Japan...but I'd want it to be my own real hair, hehe, not someone else's. =P

Stephanie said...

I'm drooling over Paul & Joe, I really want to try the whitening potion.

pandablush said...

I really want the paul and joe stuff >_< the packaging is too cute. btw the macquillage palette is love.. <3