Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Laneige: Pore Clear Cleansing Foam


I always thought my skincare regime was simple. None of those masks, peels, extra lotion stuff etc on my face. Well, I started using masks and more exfoliators weekly now, but that's a different story.
So on with the story of my skincare items. I use Laneige. My friend introduced me to it because she said her skin seems to do well with it. So I bought a set from Sasa to try it out myself. Now, most of you probably already know, Laneige is a Korean brand I believe owned by Amore Pacific. It's sort of a high end brand as a bottle of lotion would cost around $30-35 (I can't remember). Laneige is available in many places, from drugstores to grocery stores, but this doesn't stop me from buying it.
I've been using Laneige for about 2 years and it works wonderfully with my skin. I have oily combination skin and this helps hydrate my skin enough so it won't cause an oil slick during the day. I've actually stopped using Laneige for about 5 months since I switched to Fancl, a Japanese brand. But I find that the Fancl toner and lotion leaves a sticky feeling on my skin, so I have switched back to using Laneige products. I like Laneige because the lotions absorb quickly into my skin without a sticky feeling. I also like how it makes my skin feel refreshed and hydrated without breaking out.
I used to buy the drugstore brands for my face cleanser so I never really used the Laneige facewash as I go through facewash really quickly. I thought it would be a waste of money since Laneige is kind of pricey in Toronto. However, I have started to use the facewash as it's much cheaper in Seoul.
My current facewash from Laneige is the Pore Clear Cleansing Foam, which is supposed to help "troubled pores" So if you have occasional breakouts or if your pores tend to get clogged easily this should be good for you. Recently, I've gotten a few pimples and I'm not even near the time of pms-ing. Since this face cleanser is supposed to be for "troubled pores" I'm sure it'll do me some good while I'm having these breakouts.
I got it from a drugstore here called Olive Young and it cost me about $12CAD for 180mL. It will actually last for a while. On the box, it tells you to only use 3cm of the product and mix it with a bit of water.



I like this facewash so far as I haven't gotten any breakouts from it. The product doesn't actually foam so I'm not sure why it's called a cleansing foam, but it works just as well. I usually wet my face prior to using facewash so it helps create that slight foaming action from the Laneige cleanser.
I like how there's tiny exfoliating beads and they are gentle enough for everyday use IMO. There are 2 types of exfoliators. One is clear and super tiny while the other ones are slightly larger and blue. The blue exfoliating beads should dissolve once you start massaging the product to your skin. The blue beads are really tiny, so I'm not sure if you can see them in the picture.
The product washes off with a squeaky feeling and leaves a soft floral smell. I'm not really fond of squeaky clean facewashes since it makes my face feel dry if I don't put lotion on right away. But the cleanser washes off all the nasties on my face really well, so I don't mind it as much. Did I mention it also removes makeup really well? I mean if you use eye makeup remover first if you have eye makeup on, but it works very well at removing anything else on my face.
All in all, I would buy this again. But when I'm finished using this, I'm going to test out some other Laneige face cleansers first.


5 comments:

fuzkittie said...

I don't like squeaky clean feeling either! The tightened kind of feeling... too drying~ I've heard so many good things about Laneige's products, and also I'm in love with their masks... if I didn't have La Mer I'd probably try it, haha.

Anonymous said...

thanks for commenting and visiting my blog!!

please come by again! i will visit your blog often too!

i havent been to seoul for ages so i will check out your beauty finds and hopefully go soon too!

Anonymous said...

hey i am blocked from signing on at blogspot too and i cant leave comments if i have to login to blogspot T-T

but i did buy those safari themed ones
i did the review a month ago HEEHEE
http://bittenbefore.com/tokyolife/2008/10/01/review-visee-x-vivi-collaboration/

Anonymous said...

haha u are so cute

happy halloween!!!

do they do much in KR? we are doing more in JP these days i think for halloween

Ann said...

humm..cool I was wondering how ppl liked laneige products cause I was thinking of picking up some things. Do you wear laneige makeup products like foundation, bases, and eyeshadows? If you do, could u do a review?